Friday, January 8, 2016

A Tribute to Lemmy



I’ve been writing reviews for almost three years and in that time I have seen quite a few musicians that I have admired pass on. However, this particular man has inspired me more than most musicians I have ever studied or come across. He taught me to be true to myself no matter what and don’t do anything if your heart isn’t in it. He also is my number one inspiration to pick up bass playing as well. The man I am talking about is Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister and this is my tribute to one of the last true rock n rollers we had.
               


I first heard Motorhead around when I was five or six actually it was quite funny because it was from a scene from “The Spongebob Movie” where a rendition of the bands song “You’d better run” was playing in the backround. I was so compelled by how heavy that song was I tracked down the movie soundtrack and had that song on repeat for weeks (by the way, fuck Avril Levine and all that shit on that cd). I eventually bought “Ace Of Spades” and “Overkill” around when I turned 13 and Overkill was the album that turned me into a young rabid Motorhead fan. Just every song was excellence and it was rude and loud and at the time it really rivaled my obsession with ACDC for awhile. In 2011, I finally got to see Motorhead on “The World Is Yours Tour”. I was front row with a past friend that whole show and it was easily the loudest show I had ever seen. I could’nt hear all week after and my teachers actually grew concerned if I was for real going deaf but all I replied with was “if im deaf I don’t care, it was worth it.”. I still can’t hear that great! But it was still worth it. I got to see the band on the Gigantour bill at Aragon Ballroom as well and they easily beat out Megadeth that night. They have been easily one of the most “Real” bands that I have ever seen live. Lemmy is such a force on stage even when he is just standing playing and feeling the bass, it is just the most badass thing you’ll ever see. It always made me think that you should always go balls out and be yourself and fuck anyone who doesn’t believe in you. It is realy sad to see him gone, I am actually tearing up a bit while writing this. But I know that is not what Lemmy wants, so instead I am going to put in “Orgasmatron and turn that fucker as high as itll go til the speakers blow, and you should too, Long live Motorhead, long live Lemmy! Don’t forget em, they are Motorhead and they play rock n roll!!! \m/!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great writing... showing the pain you are in through. I have to take a bit of time to compose myself as well everytime I remember he is no longer with us. He HAS left us his music. So turn the volume knob higher and 'Move over for a Damage Case' !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, its a damn shame but we have 22 motorhead albums not to mention countless live records to listen to. His legacy will never ever be forgotten

      Delete