Wednesday, December 16, 2015

TOP TEN ALBUMS OF 2015


What a year for heavy metal! So many albums were released this year and putting just 10 on this list was the hardest thing but here it is my list of the ten best album of 2015!



TOP 10 ALBUMS OF 2015

1.Spillage- Spillage
-And my number one pick is the debut record from Heavy Metal group Spillage from Chicago, Illinois. This record kicked my ass around the world and back when I first heard it. Its raw yet nice production is very pleasant on the ears and Tony Spillmans ability to write these insanely catchy riffs and Chris Martins superb heavy drumming is just what made it my number one album of the year!





2.Night Demon- Curse OF The Damned


-The debut record from these NWOBHM worshipers out of California and damn I was hooked on this record after the first song. These guys just know how to craft amazing sounding “true heavy metal” tunes it’s a great record from a new band to remind us how great 1980-83 was. Also, the production is something I’ll brag about all day.





3.Venomous Maximus-FireWalker




-The second release from these guys and easily their best. It combines melodies from bands like Maiden and the Heaviness of Sabbath for a record that is a force to be reckoned with.



4.Electric Revolution-Character Is power



-This band from Kenosha I have dug for a while and I recently just got to hear their first full length all the way through and wow it exceeded all my expectations. Check em out their 70’s inspired groovy rock is all anyone could ask for.



5.Chris Holmes-Shitting Bricks


-one of my favorite guitarists of all time is back with a dirty as hell, gritty rock n roll release that may not break new bounds but it is damn fun and very spinal tap at points. Either way I love it and so should any old school wasp fan.



6.Pentagram-Curious Volume



-The legendary doom group is back with a new album well newish as it features a lot of older written songs but it is still a great, heavy throwback to the 70s and Bobby Liebling still has a voice that is as heavy and haunting as ever.



7.W.A.S.P-Golgotha


-WASP impressed me with this one. It still has a lot of catchiness to it and reminds me a lot of Headless Children which isn’t a bad thing.



8.Uncle Acid: Night Creeper


-The fourth release from the Psych/Doom quartet and it is still as haunting and heavy as ever. Truly one of the best bands in the rising retro doom genre





9. Motorhead: Bad Magic


-This album another straight great release from the loudest band in the land. Even through their troubles they still manage to crank out great tunes and still show that just because you age doesn’t mean you need to slow down.




10. Iron Maiden: Book Of Souls


-This album really made my list for the fact that Iron Maiden still know what they were doing, even if I wasn’t totally sold on it. There are some great songs on this album and plus its freakin Iron Maiden.


1 comment:

  1. My top ten are probably, the only one in order is the first.
    The Powers That B - Death Grips
    Night Creeper - Uncle Acid
    Underworld - Symphony X
    I Love You, Honeybear - Father John Misty
    Shifting Through Sadness - Rising Fawn
    To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar
    I Don't Want to Let You Down - Sharon Van Etton
    Paper Gods - Duran Duran
    Sol Ivitcus - Faith No More
    Deja Vu - Giorgio

    ReplyDelete