Wednesday, April 6, 2016

MHX Radio-A Tribute















Roughly two years ago I stumbled upon an internet radio station that would change me forever. They were a Chicago based internet radio called Metal Head X-treme Radio. These guys played literally heavy metal from anywhere you could think of. My favorite shows that played through the week were Late Night Morning show which showcased a lot more classic metal and had some funny as hell segments as well, it was really a trip. A show that happened every evening was Mojo In The Evening with Steve McCarthy as the head dj who is a funny funny guy and his show was great he played everything under the sun as well. On Wednesdays you had the Doom Cellar which was my favorite show when I first started listening I would actually sneak off from work to listen in. you also had the Progressive Power Hour, the Cure for the Obscure and much more it was just a melting pot of so much stuff. Unfortunately recently they have gone of the air and it was sad to see them go. They are the reason I took to journalism as my major in college as well as introducing to me some fantastic bands like Bloody Hammers, Venomous Maximus, local boys Spillage and northern band Electric Revolution who are probably the two best bands on the scene for me right now among hundreds of others I would’ve never heard of if it wasn’t for these guys. I want to extend my thanks to Dozer, T Rex and Steve specifically for giving me a chance to become a part of the family. Rock On guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment